Halifax, Nova Scotia
Destination Halifax invites you to discover winter - whether you prefer outdoor adventure or staying cozy, the list of things to do grows when it snows.
A wintery vacation is exhilarating and relaxing - enjoy ice skating on the Oval, festivals and events, concerts and theatre, and plentiful comfort food. Plan the perfect getaway to the city that has it all.
Enjoy a variety of family fun activities this March Break from learning how maple sap is turned into syrup to learning all about pirates in Nova Scotia!
- Legends & Lies: Pirates of Nova Scotia of the Maritime Museum at the Atlantic
- Little Ray's Reptile Zoo at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Grossology at the Discovery Centre
- BUGS: Outside the Box at the Museum of Natural History
- March Break Madness at the Atlantica Oak Island Resort
- March Break Maple Fun at Acadian Maple Products
- March Break Specials at Hatfield Farms
- Art classes and programs at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
Festivals and Events
Halifax events bring excitement to your winter getaway:
- 7th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, March 15
- Hedley, March 18
- Neptune Theatre Presents: Mary Poppins, April 1 - May 25
- BLACK SABBATH live at the Metro Centre, April 3
- Stars On Ice, April 25
View more festivals and events to plan your ideal Halifax vacation.
Halifax Vacation Packages
Explore a variety of Halifax vacation packages showcasing arts and culture, entertainment and music, outdoor adventure, and our thriving culinary scene. There’s no time like the present to book your Halifax trip!