Halifax, Nova Scotia
Destination Halifax invites you to discover winter - whether you prefer outdoor adventure or staying cozy, the list of things to do grows when it snows.
A wintery vacation is exhilarating and relaxing - enjoy ice skating on the Oval, festivals and events, concerts and theatre, and plentiful comfort food. Plan the perfect getaway to the city that has it all.
Dig Into Delicious
Wake up your taste buds this season with a culinary and wine experience like no other in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Sample freshly caught seafood and the most sumptuous local ingredients at the 2014 Savour Food & Wine Festival, on from January until March. Festival highlights include:
- Imbibe: A Cocktail Event, January 30
- Dine Around, February 1 - 28
- Decadence: Chocolate, Wine & Cheese, February 6
- Rare & Fine Wine Tasting, February 21
- Savour Food & Wine Show, March 6
With events that showcase the culinary character of the East Coast, it’s an experience that's perfect for foodies. Treat yourself to a gourmet travel package and get cozy with Halifax cuisine this winter.
Festivals and Events
Halifax events bring excitement to your winter getaway:
- Subway AUS 2014 Men's Basketball Championships, February 28 - March 2
- 7th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, March 15
- Hedley, March 18
- Neptune Theatre Presents: Mary Poppins, April 1 - May 25
- Stars On Ice, April 25
View more festivals and events to plan your ideal Halifax vacation.
Halifax Vacation Packages
Explore a variety of Halifax vacation packages showcasing arts and culture, entertainment and music, outdoor adventure, and our thriving culinary scene. There’s no time like the present to book your Halifax trip!