Halifax, Nova Scotia
Destination Halifax is your gateway to fall adventure. Discover the natural beauty of the East Coast dressed in brilliant fall colours - bring your camera!
Things to do in Halifax range from the relaxing to the exhilarating - enjoy hiking, historic sites, lively music, and top notch dining all in the span of a day. Plan the perfect getaway to the city that has it all.
Dig Into Delicious
Wake up your taste buds this season with a culinary and wine experience like no other in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Sample freshly caught seafood and the most sumptuous local ingredients at the 2014 Savour Food & Wine Festival, on from January until March. Festival highlights include:
- Imbibe: A Cocktail Event, January 30
- Decadence: Chocolate, Wine & Cheese, February 6
- Rare & Fine Wine Tasting, February 21
- Savour Food & Wine Show, March 6
With events that showcase the culinary character of the East Coast, it’s an experience that's perfect for foodies. Treat yourself to a gourmet travel package and get cozy with Halifax cuisine this winter.
Festivals and Events
Halifax events bring excitement to your fall getaway:
- Neptune Theatre: A Christmas Carol, November 26 – December 31
- Christkindlmarket, December 6 – 8
- TD Dartmouth Christmas Tree Lighting, December 7
- Symphony Nova Scotia's The Nutcracker, December 6 – 14
- New Year's Eve Party on the Parade, December 31
View more festivals and events to plan your ideal Halifax vacation.
Halifax Vacation Packages
Explore a variety of Halifax vacation packages showcasing arts and culture, entertainment and music, outdoor adventure, and our thriving culinary scene. There’s no time like the present to book your Halifax trip!