Arts & Culture
Rich, historic and contemporary art works are on display in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the heart of East Coast arts and culture.
Get close to Nova Scotia folk art by celebrated artist Maud Lewis and take in acclaimed Mi'kmaq collections at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia. Experience the places and people that give Halifax its lively Maritime culture!
Stroll through our wide range of Halifax art galleries, museums and historical sites including:
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- Memory Lane Heritage Village
- Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
Do some self-touring of the Halifax arts & culture scene:
- Top 5 Statues in Halifax you HAVE to see!
- Halifax’s TOP 5 Secret Places
- The 5 best places to buy locally crafted gifts in Halifax
- Top 5 Art Galleries in Halifax!
Maritime culture is just waiting to delight you! For more ideas on taking in arts and culture in Halifax, check out our blog that features many local writers and bloggers!