Arts & Culture
Everything from rich, historic art to innovative and contemporary works thrives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the heart of East Coast arts and culture.
The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is an experience unlike any other. Visitors will experience Nova Scotian folk art by celebrated artist Maud Lewis and will experience acclaimed Mi'kmaq collections. Experience the places and people that give Halifax its lively Maritime culture!
Browse through and discover Halifax art galleries, museums and historical sites including:
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- Memory Lane Heritage Village
- Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
- Africville Museum
- Black Cultural Centre for Nova Scotia
Do some self-touring of the Halifax arts and culture scene:
- Top 5 Art Galleries in Halifax!
- Top 5 Statues in Halifax you HAVE to see!
- Halifax’s TOP 5 Secret Places
- The 5 best places to buy locally crafted gifts in Halifax
Maritime culture is accessible to anyone from amateur art-lovers to experienced enthusiasts. For plenty of ways to experience and enjoy arts and culture in Halifax, check out our blog, featuring recommendations and reviews from local writers and bloggers!