Culinary & Wine
Halifax prides itself on locally sourced ingredients, fresh seafood and innovative chefs making this region the centre of Canadian Maritime Cuisine.
Photo via The Coast
Enjoy classic east coast recipes and a wide range of international cuisines. Click here for our member-based restaurants!
Taste our city through:
- Farmers' Markets
- Food Trucks
- Wineries and Wine Tours
- Culinary Festivals and Events
- Waterfront Snack Shacks
Top foods you MUST try in Halifax:
- 5 Halifax Oyster Bars you HAVE to Check out
- Who doesn't love a good brunch?! Here are our reccomendations!
- Make sure you visit at least one of these 5 delicious Halifax donair dealers!
- Top 10 Pizza Places in Halifax you have to try.
- 5 Fantastic Fish n’ Chip Shops in Halifax!
- A trip wouldn't be complete without trying one of these Top 6 Poutines in Halifax
- Need comfort food? Then you need one of these TOP Grilled Cheeses
Culinary & Wine events you CAN'T MISS:
- Craft Beer & Local Food Celebration, January 12, 2017
- Savour Food and Wine Festival, January 26 - March 9, 2017
- Nova Scotia Icewine Festival, February 25-26, 2017
- For a full list of events CLICK HERE!
Our legendary Maritime cuisine extends beyond city limits and into our thriving wine country. Learn from the winemakers themselves as you explore at your own pace or take a winery tour.
Before you leave, make sure you bring a taste of Halifax home with you! Clearwater Seafoods will box your lobster so it is travel-safe!