Culinary & Wine
Halifax prides itself on locally sourced ingredients, fresh seafood and innovative chefs making this region the centre of Canadian Maritime Cuisine.
Photographer: Scott Munn
Enjoy classic east coast recipes and a wide range of international cuisines.
Taste our city through:
- Farmers' Markets
- Food Trucks
- Wineries and Wine Tours
- Culinary Festivals and Events
- Waterfront Snack Shacks
Top foods you MUST try in Halifax:
- Make sure you visit at least one of these 5 delicious Halifax donair dealers!
- Top 10 Pizza Places in Halifax you have to try.
- 5 Fantastic Fish n’ Chip Shops in Halifax!
- A trip wouldn't be complete without trying one of these Top 6 Poutines in Halifax
- Need comfort food? Then you need one of these TOP Grilled Cheeses
- Who doesn't love a good brunch?! Here are our reccomendations!
Culinary events you CAN'T MISS:
- Halifax Greek Fest, June 9-12, 2016
- The Coast's Food Truck Party- June Edition, June 16, 2016
- Halifax Rib Fest, June 30-July 3, 2016
- Lebanese Festival, July 7-10, 2016
- The Coast's Food Truck Party- July Edition, July 21, 2016
- Halifax Seaport Beerfest, August 5-6, 2016
- Halifax VegFest, September 18, 2016
- Halifax Oyster Festival, October 1, 2016
- Devour! The Food Film Festival, November 2-6, 2016
Our legendary Maritime cuisine extends beyond city limits and into our thriving wine country. Learn from the winemakers themselves as you explore at your own pace or take a winery tour.
For a full list of events CLICK HERE!