Collection and Use: Destination Halifax does not collect information through its website that personally identifies individuals except when individuals provide such specific information on a voluntary basis. Destination Halifax may collect, store, use and disclose personally identifiable information (i.e. information that, when associated with an individual identifies that individual, for example, a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or credit card number) for a variety of purposes and services, including the following:
- Registration for contests, giveaways, and other promotions;
- Establishing visitor eligibility for special offers or discounts;
- Registration for electronic newsletter;
- Identifying visitor preferences;
- To respond to information requests;
- Visitor submitted comments and/or suggestions;
- Send free visitor guides, meeting planners and other paper-based or electronic travel information;
- Compile mailing and/or survey lists;
- To determine user habits and interests for the purpose of providing enhanced service in the future;
- Respond to online requests for proposals; and
- Collection and use of client testimonials
Information Sharing and Disclosure: We will not share your personally identifiable information (your “PII”) to other companies or people except when:
- We have your consent to share your PII;
- We need to share your PII with individuals and/or companies who work with and/or on behalf of Destination Halifax to provide services to You;
- We reasonably believe it is necessary to share your PII:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potentially illegal activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the Terms and Conditions of the Destination Halifax web site,
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
- for risk management purposes;
- We are required to disclose your PII by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others; or
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
You hereby consent to such collection, storage, use and disclosure.
Usage Data, Cookies and other Tools: When you access the Internet, the computers that host web sites you visit (“web servers”) automatically receive some anonymous information. This “usage data” may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. The Website's servers receive usage data when users visit the Website and possibly when users visit other sites as well. Destination Halifax and its advertisers may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use.
Small files called “cookies” and other tools may be attached to your Web browser and your computer. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or block all or some cookies and/or other tools, or notify you when a cookie or other tool is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and other preferences. Note though, that disabling cookies and similar tools may mean that We won't be able provide certain services, pages and/or content, which may be of use to You.
We may also use "web beacons" to access cookies inside and outside the Destination Halifax web site and/or small bits of code called “one-pixel gifs” or “clear gifs” embedded in some web pages, to make cookies more effective.
Advertisements: Advertising companies on some Destination Halifax web pages may receive some anonymous information about advertisement viewing by Internet users on Destination Halifax web pages and other Internet sites. This information may be associated with a visitor’s web browser, but cannot be associated with a name or e-mail address without the visitor’s permission. Destination Halifax does not supply visitor personal information to advertising companies or to individual advertisers or other third parties without express consent of the applicable visitor. If You go to another web site, including an advertiser’s web site, and request information or enter a contest, be aware that You may be authorizing another company, including an advertising company, to use information You supply, as those websites and third parties are not governed or controlled by Destination Halifax or our policies.
Security: Destination Halifax has implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use, and we will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. However, you are completely and solely responsible for your own password(s) and protection thereof.
E-mail Contents: Destination Halifax will not read or disclose to third parties private e-mail communications that are transmitted using Destination Halifax services except as required to operate the service or as otherwise authorized by law or by the sending party.
Retention and Destruction: Destination Halifax will destroy, erase or render anonymous information that is no longer required for our identified purposes or legal requirements.
Improper Conduct: Destination Halifax may also use visitor personal information to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the customer agreement for that service.
Accuracy: You may access, correct and delete your own personal information stored by Destination Halifax by contacting our privacy officer at email@example.com