Halifax LGBT Culture
Open arms welcome you to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Embrace the city with the help of Destination Halifax, your go-to guide for planning the perfect gay vacation.
Learn all about Halifax’s charm from Chris and Adam, residents newly relocated from the UK to our inviting city by the sea:
Vibrant LGBT culture and community are an integral part of the city:
- TAG and Travel Gay Canada approved hotels and attractions.
- Halifax LGBT Business Association is a member-driven networking and community development organization whose goal is to promote the rich diversity of Halifax LGBT business, cultural, and service communities.
- Signature festivals and events, including the annual Halifax Pride Festival which draws thousands to Halifax each year. Join us from July 17-27, 2014 as we celebrate another fantastic Pride Week Festival that truly reflects and celebrates the best of the LGBT community and culture in Halifax and throughout Nova Scotia.
- Family-focused activities.
- Friendly and hospitable people.
- Beloved gay bars and a lively nightlife scene.
Come experience a breath of fresh air on Canada’s East Coast, your ideal gay travel destination.
Halifax-born Ellen Page moved the world when she delivered her riveting speech at the Human Rights Campaign’s Time to Thrive Conference. Watch it now.